GGGG-Grandparents; William Burnes & Cylvany Glidewell


After 3 years of extensive research including many visits to family history libraries and 2 trips to Indiana, I have finally verified William Burnes & Cylvany Glidewell to be my great, great, great, great Grandparents. I am one step closer to proving our relationship to David Burnes who originally owned 700 acres of land and sold it to President George Washington for the new "Capital City" where the White House now resides. I believe William Burnes' father is Thomas Burnes (brother of David Burnes). I am 90% sure this is the direct relation.

The photo is a headstone of Cylvany Glidewell Burnes. She is buried in the Haw Creek Cemetery in Haw Creek, Indiana. It is very difficult to read but it does say "Cylvany Burns wife of Wm Burns Died Aug. 29 1853" I looked everywhere for William Burnes with no luck. In fact, I visited every Cemetery in Hope and Haw Creek looking for his headstone and could not find him. Next to her were buried 2 possbile grandchildren Amazet Burns, Elliott V.R. Burns, and a son; William B. Burns.

William & Sylvania Burnes' Land Deed; click here

William Burnes' Descendants; click here

Comments

Popular Posts