Norristown Cemetery in Shelby County Indiana

After taking 2 trips to Indiana and spending days in cemeteries, I have created quite an inventory of photos of headstones while I was there. I have many relatives who are buried in the Norristown Cemetery, including my GGG-Grandparents; George Washington Burnes & Sarah (Walker) Burnes, and many of their descendants. This cemetery is very special to me, so I have decided to photograph every single headstone in this cemetery. At 295 headstones cataloged on "Find A Grave", I still have so much more to add. There are some headstone in extremely poor condition. Some were even broken and buried under grass, so unburying the headstones to transcribe the names and dates was quite adventurous. To see the names added to this Cemetery; click here

Comments

Popular Posts