BURNES Homestead Aerial Photograph, Hope, Indiana

My last trip to Indiana was one I will never forget!! Mainly, because of the distant cousins I met while I was there. I enjoyed spending time with Gordan, Cathy, JoAnne, Ronnie & Frankie while they showed me around Shelbyville and Hope Indiana. I spent time with them exchanging family information and taking photographs of family heirlooms and historical documents. I had to photograph this aerial photo of the Burnes Homestead that is currently owned by my 4th cousins; Ronnie & Frankie.
I couldn't believe how generous and gracious all my cousins were.  I guess growing up in California took it's toll, because I didn't know people like this existed. I even came home from my trip and asked my husband if we could buy land in Indiana. He said "are you joking?!" I said "are you joking??!!" I am still working on him, he'll come around one of these days :) I have already picked out a spot in Carmel, Indiana.

I ended up staying in the Marriott Hotel in Carmel, Indiana. The location and hotel were beautiful, but the commute to Hope, Indiana everyday was horrendous especially because the main road to get to state road 9 was closed. I will be staying in Columbus next time.

My top 10 visited places while in Indiana:
  1. Norristown Cemetery, (located in Norristown, Shelby, Indiana)
  2. Shelbyville Library
  3. Shelbyville Antique Store
  4. Gordan & Cathy's Home
  5. Ronnie & Frankie's Home
  6. Carmel, Indiana LDS Church
  7. Original  Burnes Homestead 
  8. Lunch with Cathy & Gordan at some really cool deli in Shelbyville, IN
  9. Moravian Cemetery (located in Hope, Indiana)
  10. JoAnne Burnes' Home
Thanks to my cousins for making my stay away from home, feel like HOME.

Comments

Popular Posts