My Brother The Prankster. How Will Met Adrian: by Joell

Note before reading:
Adrian Columb is Joell Sweeney Columb's husband. Joell writes the story of how Will & Adrian met and immediately "hit it off" because of a mutual "wicked sense of humor" they both shared. It's a really cool story. I didn't know this about Will. Read on:

How Will met Adrian by Joell:
I wonder if I ever told you about the friendship that Will and Adrian shared.  Will first met Adrian when I (Joell) was working with him on another of his recording projects.  They immediately hit it off because both shared a wicked sense of humor.  In fact Will shared with Adrian one of his devious ideas about making up a sales sheet of exotic meats to post on the bulletin board of the very liberal, vegetarian store Mother Truckers.  Adrian went on ahead with the idea and the next time he saw Will he presented him with the flier, complete with a varied selection of Spotted Owl burgers, California Condor bites, Arctic Seal filet's...and various other meat products of endangered species.  Will couldn't believe that Adrian had actually taken the time to make this up for him...he was so excited, he posted it up straight away.  Will also really like Adrian's music and encouraged me on more than a couple of occasions to start a band with him.  I think this is why when I met Adrian again after Will's passing I felt such a strong connection with him...it's ironic how things happen.

~ Written By Joell Sweeney Columb

Note from Sarah: This is the actual flyer that Will & Adrian posted on the Mother Truckers Store in Nevada City. Joell kept it all these years.

Comments

Popular Posts